The Artist Formerly Known as the Fit Fat Girl is me. But then I wrote this when I decided I wanted to be ME instead of some persona focused on losing weight or whatever.
Here’s the old “About” section from the Fit Fat Girl blog:
Well hi there. I’m Stephanie, and it’s no secret from the title of this blog that I’m fat. For now. I’m on what I sometimes refer to as a journey to badassery–transforming my mind and body to be strong and powerful. I started the blog as a way to keep myself accountable, and possibly to motivate and inspire others to take healthy action.
If you’re going to pop in from time to time, you should know that I am sometimes irreverent. I may swear. I will not sugarcoat stuff and I will definitely not do the whole “I’m okay, you’re okay, so let’s congratulate ourselves for being mediocre” thing. That’s not how I roll.
So if you’re looking for a pill, shake, quick fix or anything like that, I don’t use them, I don’t have them, I don’t sell them and I don’t believe in them. But I believe in myself, and I believe in hard work and persevering through the long haul to reach my goals. I hope you’ll join me.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor. I am not a trainer. I am not a nutritionist. I am not a psychologist, a fortune teller, or a swami either. I take advice from people who are, though (well, to be honest, I don’t know any swamis…), and you should do the same if you’re on a fitness journey like me.
I did transfer all the old blog posts from the Fit Fat Girl here, so anything you read from before 2014 is from the FFG. Fair warning: some of it is potentially annoying and self-righteous. Some of it is overly focused on weight loss and food, bordering on obsession.
If you want to read what I consider to be the BEST posts from the FFG days, check these out:
- Badass: A Love Story (about the best husband ever)
- Badass Tribute (in memory of my amazing aunt who passed several years ago)
- 2012 Wrap Up and Stuff (I’m guessing this one is self-explanatory)
- Tightrope (also a fan fave, as I recall)
- Put on the suit. (just a fun, quick, personal fave)
- A squishy belly miracle. (oh, I love this one, and it’s when I started to really evolve)
- Life. Love. Kindness. Joy. (this might not be my fave of all time as a whole, but it has some of my favorite things–as in phrases, thoughts, ideas–I ever wrote in it.)
- rEvolution. (some shit is changing up in here!)
- More weight. (why lifting heavy shit rules, and, BONUS!, a bit about Puritans!)